Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October 26,1961

Her Card Oct 26th


Well this is a little late as I have been really busy since the 26th. I am still busy . These cards will keep me up to date till 11-14-1961 or so.

His Card Nov 13th,

 



It says:

My Very Dearest Joan. Amore de mis Amores. Luz de mi vida Querida, te amo, ( Love of my Loves, Light of my Light, Dear one, I love you.

As you can see, this is the thank you note for the first meal you fed me some time ago. There's a letter on the way. I only had one stamp left so I sent this ahead.  Hope you appreciate the card.   Love, Alberto


Her card Nov. 14th

 

 


 I did not have food on my mind, as you can see.

What was Happening?

"Big Bad John",  was number one.

A new, 1961 Chrysler Newport sold for $2,964.


The late-breaking news story was a speculation over whether President Kennedy danced the latest craze, "The Twist" at a White House party that lasted until three AM.

And how many remember the comedy of Jose Jimenez (aka: Bill Dana)? Here is the Santa Claus School routine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MOLzFpqrU

Massachusetts Superior Court Bans Sale of Miller's 'Tropic of Cancer'

Judge Calls Novel 'Obscene, Indecent'


Stamps were 4 cents:

Etta James records everyone's dream song: "At Last" and I'd Rather Go Blind.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1uunRdQ61M

 I also love it by Eva Cassidy:

No comments: