
Tomorrow I will turn in all the trappings of Corporate life with EDS. My lap top, phone, badge, access card, etc. The combined EDS/HP company will now have 210,000 minus 1 employee. I could have continued, but I did not want to transfer to Tulsa. I will get a generous severance package, unemployment and waiting in the wings are a Pension and 401 K. I won’t bore you with what I did there, but all my experience has been in the Airline Transportation Industry assisting and managing technically impacting hardware and software issues for Continental Airlines, Eastern Airlines, and in the early days, travel agencies. It was often stressful but I had a lot of fun and made hundreds of friends. A lot of folks will not have the opportunity to know what it is like to stay with a company for so long. My Mom retired from Bulova after 33 years. I made the decision after Al died that I would stay put here in Florida and build the career that I had for as long as I could, so I could have stability and peace of mind when I was in my third third of life. It has paid off. I am extremely grateful. I am sharing a few of my photos from my work archives.
This is what they thought of me at the end: My nickname was the “pit bull”

This is what I looked like when I started, 1987
These are various pictures of me at work. Of course, Halloween was my favorite time. I could be anyone I wanted to be!
The Busy Bees
Breathless Mahoney
and who could forget Southwestern
Bell
and Snow White.
Serious Work:
The Training Department, 1995
20 years

Never At A Loss for Words
Well. I guess it was all fun come to think of it!
Come visit me at my new Enterprise!







2 comments:
I KNEW that the Joan's Cricket Farm picture would be on this blog!!! I remember stopping to take that picture!
I took it just for that purpose. I knew the day would come.
Post a Comment