Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The After Holidays Madness

Sometimes things move too fast. When my kids were young, although I was very busy, time did not pass quickly. It was measured in going from buying one size larger clothes for them, school activities, summer vacations, trips to the doctor, church activities, job promotions, moving, paying bills, worry about paying bills. The treadmill kept going and I was always back where I started from so no need to measure time. There was always plenty of it.

Now I am on a treadmill that always leaves me off at a new place every time. It is almost like someone changed the bus stops while you were on it.
So current events:

My brother Marty is in the hospital, may be released today.
My Son David is in the hospital, may be released today.
Job loss has affected several members of my family.
I am still appealing my disability due to eye surgeries, no pay since 10/26.
I should be released to return to work next week. My job has moved to Tulsa so I will have 60 days to find another local position or its bye bye EDS.
So I will be busy tweaking my resume, calling, networking, trying to convince folks not to give up on an old scarred up pit bull.

No comments: